- Similar Tours
- More Information
- A guided tour of important places
World Heritage Sites of Baalbek & Anjar and the famous Ch â teau Ksara
Baalbek, Lebanon’s greatest Roman treasure, can be counted among the
wonders of the ancient world. The largest and most noble Roman temples
ever built, they are also among the best preserved.
The city of Anjar stands as the single Umayyad site in Lebanon. The site
reveals a long period of early occupation by the Greeks and Romans
reflected in early Christian buildings which date back to c. 395 CE.
Chateau Ksara is the only natural cave in Lebanon, a series of ancient
caverns that is used as wine cellars by Lebanon’s oldest winery.
Your day tour includes:
- Transportation from and to Beirut.
- Explore the most glorious and well-preserved Roman temples
(Temple of Jupiter Heliopolitanus, Temple of Bacchus & Temple of
Venus) and ruins, Baalbek Heliopolis.
- After Baalbek, a visit of the 8th century Umayyad ruins at Anjar. It
is a rectangular town, protected by walls. Each wall has an
impressive gate which is protected by towers. Nowadays, it is the
only walled city remaining in Lebanon.
- After lunch visit the famous Ksara Winery and enjoy a wine
- Transportation from and back to hotel
- Entrance fees
- English speaking Guide